Do you want to see the JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Chemical Engineering? This post contains what chemical engineering is about, admission requirement to study Chemical Engineering in Nigeria Universities, places one can work with a degree in Chemical Engineering.
All JAMB and WAEC candidates who are interested in studying or having a career in Chemical Engineering are hereby informed that JAMB and WAEC subject combination for Chemical Engineering has been released.
Chemical Engineering deals with the design and maintenance of chemical plants and the development of chemical processes for converting raw materials or chemicals into valuable forms. It combines knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering for the production of chemicals and related by-products.
This branch of engineering is a varied field, covering areas from biotechnology and nanotechnology, mineral processing, pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibres, petroleum refining plants etc. They aid in the processing of food and also agricultural products and they also carry out different experiments in Bio-Tech firms to find out new drugs.
Various Career opportunities in Chemical Engineering include;
- Food & Drink
- Oil and Gas
- Process Plants & Equipment
For you to be on a safe side it is better if you aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic.
The subjects needed to study Chemical Engineering in WAEC must are:
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Chemical Engineering.
Below contains various Universities in Nigeria that one can study Chemical Engineering and they are as follows:
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE – FUPRE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – FUTO
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA) – KADPOLY-ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- MODIBBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE – MAUTY
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE – OSUSTECH
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Chemical and Polymer Engineering.
List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering.