JAMB 2017/2018 registration guidelines for all students and CBT centers has been released by the management of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
Candidates are to read and follow the 2017/2018 JAMB registration procedures below:
Be informed that the registration has not commenced, so keep on checking our updates on when it will be out. So subscribe to our update below so we can keep on updating you daily.
REGISTRATION OF CANDIDATES FOR THE 2017 UTME
Its is no longer news that the use of Scratch Cards has been discontinued for the following reasons:
- Prone to fraudulent practices,
- accountability (zero).
A new payment option has also been disclosed by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board [JAMB]
The following channels will be made available:
i. Web Payment: ATM issued cards (Visa, Verve and Master card)
i. Online Quick Teller
ii. ATM Payment
iii. Quick Teller Mobile Application
iv. Bank Branch (CASH / CARD)
OPTIONS PROVIDED FOR 2017 UTME REGISTRATION
Now straight to the main point which is the registration procedures, like we all know that mostly registration are done by cafe registrant but this year registration will be interactive and all students are advised to partake in learning on how to register.
Please all candidates are to note that the examination board have provided 4 Option to aid registration.
The Four (4) options are available to a candidate who wishes to register, they include:
1. A mobile app will be created for a candidate to download for his/her registration and payment after which he/she goes to the Registration Centre for bio-metrics capturing only.
[Note This Will Be Available Once Online Registration Kicks Off!!!]
2. All systems at the Registration centre will be enabled for candidates who wish to go to the centre to register by themselves using the Registration Centre Systems, pay with card and then go for biometric capturing.
3. An operator at the Registration Centre assists the candidate with entering his/her data for registration, then goes to the bank to pay and capturing of his/her biometrics.
4. A bank official from a bank selected by the Registration Centre will be available to accept payment from candidates with cash.
He does the registration, receive the cash and the candidate goes for capturing of biometric.
ITEMS NEEDED BY CANDIDATES FOR REGISTRATION
Yes, lets now move on to the necessary items which you are required to obtain before registration in-order to avoid mistakes during the process.
Below are the items you are expected to have before proceeding with the online registration.
i. Details of O’ Level result where it is available or O’ Level subjects expected in the case of those awaiting results.
ii. Personal details of the candidate.
iii. Choice of Institutions, Courses and town of examination the candidate has opted for.
CORRECTION OF DATA BY CANDIDATES
Now Here are the New Rules and Regulations of JAMB For 2017 [Do’s and Don’ts], Please read it carefully as any defaulter does so at his or her own risk.
Candidates will be emphatically informed to guard their registration numbers jealously as registration numbers are personal and security items to candidates.
Any candidate who compromises his registration number, does so at his/her own risk.
Any candidate who wishes to correct his/her data (e.g. age, date of birth, state of origin, sex, name
etc.) after completing his registration and submitting will have to go through the following process:
i. Payment of administration fee
ii. Give reason for the correction online and NOT coming to the Board’s Headquarters
iii. Wait for clearance to be given before the correction can be made by the candidate online
Now you see how rigorous this process might be, so its better you don’t fall a victim [I know many will still be a victim].
REGISTRATION AT THE COMPUTER BASED TEST CENTRES
JAMB Has brought out rules to all cafe attendants and center owners to allow candidates use their system for registration, which means you can walk in to any JAMB Approved center and request them to unlock their PC to enable you carry out your registration, this does not imply you wont be charged, but a stipulated fee has been mapped out for each candidate registration. Sound good right??? Continue reading below:
All candidates who wish to do their registration at a registration centre should be assisted as follows:
i. The centre should provide systems for candidates who wish to do their registration by themselves
ii. The Computer Based Test Centre should have technical staff who will assist candidates who need help.
iii. Assist candidates who wish to complete payments with their cards.
iv. Collect not more than Seven Hundred Naira (N700) from both Candidates who do only biometric capture and those who do full registration at the Registration Centres.
v. Each Centre to choose its banker from the approved banks.
The Below Information are for CBT Center Agents:
PAYMENT TO COMPUTER BASED TEST CENTRES OF PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS
While the NET profit can be transferred to Treasury Single Account (TSA) where applicable.
PROVISION OF BROCHURE TO CANDIDATES
As we all know each year during JAMB Registration brochures are being given out to students, though not all, as most students might not be issued the brochure due to its limited supply, well the Board is happy to let you know that this year will be quite different as brochure will be downloaded online immediately after registration has been enabled, so get your Android device and Pc ready, continue reading below:
In order to minimize errors during registration by candidates and also to ensure that candidates
have ready access to the brochure needed for registration, the brochure will be provided in three (3) modes which are:
i. The brochure will be on the JAMB portal. As soon as a candidate creates his/her profile on the JAMB portal, there will be a link that will take him/her straight to the brochure.
He/she is to confirm reading the brochure for continuation of registration
ii. As soon as the candidate creates his profile, an electronic copy of the brochure will be automatically sent to his/her e-mail which he/she has provided.
iii. A CD of the brochure and Syllabus will be given to him/her at the biometric capturing site.
At the point of capturing the biometrics, there must be an evidence that the candidate collected the brochure CD and recommended book.
ACTIVITIES OF BANKS AT THE REGISTRATION CENTRE
So after reading the above instructions we will move over to the roles the Banks have to play during your registration in-order to aid faster and more convenient registration process.
- Each Registration Centre will be allowed to choose the bank it would like to work with.
- After choosing the bank, an officer from the bank will be stationed at the centre to do the following:
- Assist candidates to create their profile and pay through any of the payment options they wish to use.
- Collect Seven Hundred Naira (N700) per candidate for either registration and/or biometric capture directly into the account of the centre.
- The banks will be expected to open avenues of payment:
Payment of Application Fees
At the end, give a receipt to each candidate for the Seven Hundred Naira (N700) payment for registration or biometric capturing at the centre.
ABUSE BY APPROVED CBT CENTRES AND CYBER CAFÉ OPERATORS
Last years and subsequent years Cyber agents have been involved in many irregularities and abuse during registration, this has prompted the examination board to map out strict measures that will be meted out to cyber agents who defaults during the 2017 registration exercise.
1. IRREGULARITIES OBSERVED:
It has been observed by the Board, that in the past, there were lots of irregularities during registration of candidates. Some of which are as
- Off-line registration means that candidates are given template form to fill and enter their details
- and the Registration centres would later enter their data for them on-line at a later time when the candidates were not present.
- Registration Centres did off-line registration for candidates and in the process of completing them on-line, mismatched their images and made mistakes in the candidates’ data.
- Registration Centres deliberately went to the hinterland to register candidates off-line in order to create Special Centres where they could further perpetrate Irregularities during examinations.
- Punish uncompromising candidates by changing their centres and/or institutions without their knowledge/consent.
- Swapped and replaced particulars of uncompromising candidates with others and used money paid for other candidates.
MEASURES TAKEN BY THE BOARD
- Payment for access code by Registration Centres has been cancelled. All systems in the Registration Centre will be enabled for the registration.
- None of these systems therefore can be used for registration outside the Registration Centre.
- Candidates will now have access to all the systems at the Computer Based Test (CBT) Centre for the registration exercise.
- This is unlike before where only one system was used by the Computer Based Test (CBT) Centre for registration.
- Candidates will be properly educated to understand that their registration numbers are private and security numbers which they must not divulge.
- Any candidate who discloses his/her registration number, does so at his/her own risk.
- An alert system has been created for notifications on changes in the candidates details at each stage of the registration process.
ACCOUNTABILITY IN REGISTRATION CENTRES
Registration Centres are hereby urged to appoint credible staff to man their Centre to ensure credibility and accountability.
It has also been observed that some Public Registration Centres refused registration because of “low return”. These returns are not low as claimed but officers in charge do not remit appropriately.
Note:Remember to share this others .
Get all daily updates for free by subscribing to our updates below:
[do_widget “blog subscriptions”]
Post From Elitesplanetblog
- Is JAMB Result Out? How To Check JAMB 2020/2021 Result
- JAMB Mock Result 2020/2021 Released | How To Check
- How To Check Your JAMB Exam Date And Center | JAMB Reprinting 2020
- JAMB Mock Exam Center 2020 | Check Your Mock Center And Time
- JAMB Brochure for All Courses (Engineering, Medicine, Accounting) 2020/2021
- JAMB Subject Combination for All Courses (Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences) 2020/2021
- JAMB Registration Closing Date for 2020/2021 Has Been Announced
- JAMB 2020 Form Out | Requirements, Procedures and How To Register